This privacy notice explains how George James Software (with their registered office at 16 Oakfield Glade, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 9DP, United Kingdom) collect, use and share your personal data, and your rights in relation to the personal data we hold. For these purposes George James Software are Controllers of your personal data under the General Data Protection Regulation and other UK data protection laws.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time. This privacy notice is effective from 17 June 2022.
1 – How we collect your information
We may collect your personal data in a number of ways, for example:
- From the information that you provide (or is obtained by us) when you complete a grant application or other form;
- When you communicate with us by post, telephone, fax, email or other forms of electronic communication;
- When you attend a George James Software event or meeting, or otherwise provide your details to a George James Software representative.
2 – The types of information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal data about you:
- Your name and contact information such as address, email address and telephone number (and, on an ongoing basis, any change of address details);
- Information you provide about yourself, for example when you enquire about our tools or services;
- To a limited extent and only occasionally, medical information such as dietary requirements where we require this information to provide catering services to you at our events;
- Information concerning your engagement with George James Software, including records of communications between you and us and your attendance at events and meetings organised by George James Software.
3 – The basis for processing your information and how we use it
3.1 – Legitimate interests
We may process your personal data because it is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests. This will always be weighed against your rights, interests and expectations. Examples of where we process personal data in accordance with our legitimate interests include:
- To correspond with you about our tools and services;
- Processing technical information about your use of our website to ensure that content on our website is presented in the most effective manner;
- Processing enquiries, complaints and analysing our services.
In this respect, we may also provide your personal data where this is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests.
3.2 – Legal obligations
We may also process your personal data for our compliance with our legal obligations. In this respect, we may use your personal data to comply with subject access requests of others, tax legislation, safeguarding requirements, for the prevention and detection of crime, and in order to assist the police and other competent authorities with investigations (including criminal investigations). In this respect, we may provide your personal data to our professional advisers, where this is necessary for us to obtain their advice or assistance.
3.3 – Consent
In some circumstances we may seek your specific consent to process your personal data: for example, if we wish to use your name, likeness or an attributed quote on our website or in our reports.
We will normally seek consent when processing your medical information such as dietary requirements or other information about your health, such as for our records. At times the processing of personal data concerning your health may be necessary to protect your vital interests (such as your immediate safety) and it may not be appropriate to seek your consent in such circumstances.
If you have given your consent and you wish to withdraw it, please contact us using the contact details below. Please note that where our processing of your personal data does not rely on your consent, we may not be able to fulfil your request (please see Your Rights section below).
4 – How long your information is kept
We may retain your personal data only for so long as is necessary to deliver our services, and to protect our legal interests (for example where required by relevant authorities) or as otherwise stated to you when your data is collected, or for such period as we reasonably consider appropriate in connection with our relationship with you and/or the organisation you represent/ed; or for record-keeping and archival purposes.
5 – Your rights
You have the following rights:
- To be informed what personal data we hold about you and/or to obtain access to it (i.e. by receiving a copy of it in a permanent form);
- To require us not to send you direct marketing communications;
- To require us to correct the personal data we hold about you if it is inaccurate;
- To require us (in certain circumstances) to erase your personal data;
- To request that we restrict our data processing activities (and, where our processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on consent before its withdrawal);
- To receive from us the personal data we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of you transmitting that personal data to another data controller; and
- To object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to any of our particular processing activities where you feel this has a disproportionate impact on your rights.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply: for example if we have reason to believe the personal data we hold is accurate or we can show our processing is necessary for a lawful purpose set out in this Privacy Notice. You can find out more about your rights under data protection legislation at www.ico.org.uk. If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can raise a concern with the Information Commissioner.
6 – Contact us
If you have any queries about this privacy notice or how we process your personal data, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights under applicable law, you may contact our Secretary:
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- by post: 16 Oakfield Glade, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 9DP, United Kingdom.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.